Books to read
I had little time past few weeks..and I read a few books..selected ones.
Of course you all must have read the Da Vinci Code. I just found time to read it..after reading all the reviews..seeing the controversial documentaries. I would still say the book is worth reading..So so others who saw the movie please make sure you dont miss reading the paperback.
The KiteRunner is a beautiful story of redemption - must read. It is not just about afghanistan or kites..A good read..390 pages I think but the language is simple and easy to read.
Paradox of Choice..those people who spend twenty hours on the internet to buy 100 rupee worth stuff must read this book.
Excellence without a soul- about harvard university - in general about grading , courses and how education has changed in universities in the US. Good start but gets boring after a while..so read it when you are in the store.
If you had not read these books - do read when you have the time:
Phi the golden ratio - a little bit of physics but I am sure we all would be fine.
The story of Pi
The world is flat - about globalization by Thomas Friedman.
More to come..
Of course you all must have read the Da Vinci Code. I just found time to read it..after reading all the reviews..seeing the controversial documentaries. I would still say the book is worth reading..So so others who saw the movie please make sure you dont miss reading the paperback.
The KiteRunner is a beautiful story of redemption - must read. It is not just about afghanistan or kites..A good read..390 pages I think but the language is simple and easy to read.
Paradox of Choice..those people who spend twenty hours on the internet to buy 100 rupee worth stuff must read this book.
Excellence without a soul- about harvard university - in general about grading , courses and how education has changed in universities in the US. Good start but gets boring after a while..so read it when you are in the store.
If you had not read these books - do read when you have the time:
Phi the golden ratio - a little bit of physics but I am sure we all would be fine.
The story of Pi
The world is flat - about globalization by Thomas Friedman.
More to come..
6 Comments:
suggest me some books to start with the habit...
:)
Read "The Alchemist" by paulo coelho. to start with- I got that book for everyone. Depending on your taste I can suggest you more. Once you read this "The kitemaker" could be your next.
I liked the "Girl with the pearl ear ring"..since it has lotsa about painting , artist's life.
Elegant Universe is a good book.
- it has the string theory - if u like quantum physics u will like it.
The Agile Gene: How Nature Turns on Nurture by Matt Ridley- if u like behavioural science and like the debate..U have to like biology.
Fatherhood by Bill cosby is a good book - it is about parenting..he is a comedian and actor..he writes well.
Common Nonsense by Andy rooney is cool. It has lotsa one page essays.
Shashi Taroor and Arundathi roy's books and essays have politics, india, diplomacy etc. I love this category too.
My area is wide- I pick up books just to learn more about an area - even if I dont know anything about it.so I pick up vedic astronomy, physics, cognition and behaviour, biology and also other subjects.
I am going to read these books next suggested by my friend: i wanted to read more about politics, india , education. Those who are interested can use this info:
Engaging India: Diplomacy, Democracy, and the Bomb by Strobe Talbott (Hardcover - Aug 2004)
And
A fine balance. I believe this is also about India during 1970s and early 80's.
U can pick up any from this list. Some might be very hard reading..but if u can complete it you would have undrestood many things. I do not read any "Star Trek" kind of "James Bond" and "Mills and boon's" romance books. I erad thrillers..but not horror books.
okie, lets get started...
Hari(siva hari) reads a lot..and reads all kindsa books...Dont know if he checks the review ..He gave me once this book "Kiss the girls" It is horrible..gave me a shock ..I plan to give it back to him when I see him next time.
When you buy books read reviews..or browse few pages..Buy it in ebay..if the book is costly. Always buy paperback..Do not get confused when they write New York Times Best Seller..so and so author...They try to confuse you a lot by twisting it..
Athey mari when I gave some balakumaran books to few of my friends they stopped talking to me..So unless you intend that to happen make sure..you make good friends.
nalla pointer 'kiss the girls' epadiyaavthu vaanga paarkuren..
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home