Jillunu oru Kaathal - Dhillunu oru Kathai
JoK - the most expected movie by all the film buffs, did not upset me at all. Heard the movie bagged 50-50 review at chennai which is not rightly reflecting the movie's merit. It deserves certainly more than that. The film engrossed me very much. JO, Surya screen chemistry is perfect. Krishna - the new director did a commendable job, so the photography work by Rajashekar. I am not gonna talk about the story here, I'll better leave it to you to enjoy in the cinemas.
'Munbee vaa' and 'New york nagaram' are wonderful to watch. I went for the movie for more than one reasons and one of them is to see how these songs are picturised. If New york nagaram is brilliant photography and editing, Munbe vaa is an astonishing exhibition of bhoomika's grace. This punjabi girl is certainy talented and her presence is a plus. Her role was initially signed by Asin and for good reasons she withdrew from the film later.
The film starts in a village background (like 'Roja' ) with slow pace, pick up from there to Bombay , fly to newyork ( courtesy : New york Nagaram song), and land again in Bombay. The screenplay keep up the pace well throughout the duration and to mention in the later part of the movie, the screenplay is so well tailored as the story walks on a thin rope for a brief phase. As the reel pair, already paired in real life, you feel the movie romance (maja majaa song) so true and not uncomfortable. Surya fit the groove well so is others. For humor, there is vadivelu and Santhanaam. I would say second degree comedy ( not suprising when santhanam is around ), though enjoyable.
The movie music tracks and the radiant rerecording are the fitting wedding present from the master Rehman. I am not trying to take anything away from the movie if I say it have a slight shade of Mouna Raagam, Roja, Alaipaayuthey. It seems Director Krishna is inclined towards the mastermind Manirathnam. No wonder.
Plus : First half, Surya, Jo, Rehman..
Minus : relatively slow second half...
8 Comments:
Kandippa pakkanum..BTW srikanth your review is very professional..and very helpful too.
@ priyums,
very professional laa.. apdiyaa..
:)
our fellow bloggers feel totally different about the movie, which leave me wondering is there anything wrong in my eyes. so jus wanna add a disclaimer here..
the movie review by me is solely what I felt.
:)
Nammakku therijathai dhairiyama ezhuthanum. Ellarai parthum mathikka vendam. BTW nanga ellarum parthu solrom un kannulai Kolara illiyannu..
@ priyums,
athu sari..
@maami,
ithuku thaan ore oruthanga fan aa iruka koodaathu. enna maathiri palaraiyum aatharikanum..
:)
Hey
I saw the movie today and I liked it. Its def better than Gajini, Maja etc. Decent movie worth watching atleast once. Srikanth - Nee sonna thaan theriyarthu, the director is a new guy nu. Infact romba professional a ve irukku. Good - Rate 4*
@p.priya,
m, glad u liked it..it became a fashion now saying the movie is not good..
antha work ku kudukura atleast mariyaathai kooda kudukalainaa epadi.. ?
am i right ?
Post a Comment
<< Home